Adding a background to your project is essential when you are creating any visual content.
There are few ways you can add a background to your project.
One way you can add a background to your project is by clicking anywhere on the canvas. You will then see a toolbar at the top of your screen that says Background Image
. Once you click it, you will see several options.
- Upload from computer: You will be prompted to upload an image from your computer.
- Pick from my library: You will be redirected to “My Files” tab and choose an image which you have already used or uploaded previously.
- Find an Image: Search for an image under Photos tab.
- Patterns: If filling the background with a full-blown image is not a solution for you, tru patterns which make your background image stand-out.
- Gradients: Use gradients images if you want to display a smooth transition between two colors. More about Gradients and Pattern background here.
Tip: Make sure not to select padding area where there are objects displayed. It will select the objects instead of the upload background option.
Or, right click on the Canvas to select Background option. An option for Upload Background will show up at the top of the panel.
If you are working on an infographic
, you have the option to upload background from each block. Learn how to use Content Blocks
. Simply select a block, a tool panel will then pop up on the right side of the canvas. Choose the setting icon
below the trash icon and select Background
. An Upload background
panel will appear on the top left of your screen. Start to upload your background color or a background image.
Another way to set your image as background is to click Photos from the left panel and drag-and-drop an image into the canvas.
Tip: When you drag-and-drop an image into your canvas, drag-and-drop it over where it says Drag here to add as background to set the image as background. Otherwise, drag-and-drop over to where it says “Drop here it to add to canvas”.