Animation tips – Do’s and Dont’s
Having the ability to add motions to your project is very exciting and it makes information more fun and memorable. Animations is like anything else in life, you do not want to overdo it because too much animations can be distracting and takes away the purpose of a presentation. You just need to keep it simple and clean. Here are some tips to keep in mind when making your project interactive.
- Don’t need to animate every object on your stage.
- Don’t move every object across the stage.
- Don’t animate first and then position your object.
- Don’t animate all objects at the same time frame.
- Don’t create long animations. Your audience has a short attention span.
- Keep it simple. Be selective about what object you animate.
- Position your objects as you intend them to be at end of animation and then apply your animation.
- Keep it short. If you are creating a presentation slide, make sure to limit animation to just a few seconds.
- Use animation as a tool to support your contents.
- Do ask yourself: Does this look better animated or will it be cleaner in it’s current position?
- Use subtle animation effects (Not every object has to move from one side of the screen to another)
- Do preview often. Make subtle adjustments and Preview. Repeat.